62% of All Survey Respondents Trust Influencers Over Celebrity Endorsements
Orlando, Florida (March 17, 2022) – IZEA Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: IZEA), the premier provider of influencer marketing technology, data, and services for the world’s leading brands, released its latest research report, “Trust in Influencer Marketing,” today. The U.S. consumer study examines the effectiveness of influencer marketing in terms of consumer trust and engagement.
The new report is available to download for free, here: Trust in Influencer Marketing.
Results from the study, which was fielded Dec. 2-3, 2021, are based on the responses from 1,237 U.S. social media users ages 18 to 60-plus. The report is part of an ongoing series of research studies focusing on influencers’ key roles in influencing consumer behaviors and trends.
Key Insights for Influencers and Consumers
- 36% of respondents say influencer posts are the best way to get them to try new products.
- 62% of social media users trust influencers over celebrities.
- 46% of all respondents have purchased products promoted by influencers.
Key Insights for Marketers
- 60% of respondents have engaged with a sponsored post.
- Influencer posts are the top choice among ad types for 38.9% of 18- to 29-year-olds and 45.3% of 30- to 33-year-olds.
- Adults ages 18-44 are twice as likely to say that influencer marketing posts are better than TV ads when getting them to try new products.
Insights for Social Media Audiences
- Social media influencers reach 92% of all respondents ages 18-29.
- YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok are the top four picks for all social media users.
- Women are more likely to say Instagram and Facebook are the top ways to promote products. Men are more likely to say YouTube is their No. 1.
“Consumers trust and value social media influencers more than television, paid social media ads, or celebrity endorsements,” said Ted Murphy, Founder and CEO of IZEA. “Influencers are passionate about the content they create and possess subject matter expertise that has earned them a loyal following. That loyalty and authenticity translates into sales for brands that are incorporating influencers into their marketing strategy.”
“Strong return on investment continues to drive growth in the influencer marketing space,” continued Murphy. “eMarketer estimated 33.6% growth in U.S. influencer marketing spend in 2021 vs. 19.9% growth for total media ad spend for the same year in its reports, ‘US influencer spending to surpass $3 billion in 2021’ and ‘Worldwide ad spending 2021.’ The share of spending is increasing and IZEA has room for continued growth.”
If you are interested in partnering with a brand or influencer, visit izea.com.