The average cost for a sponsored photo on Instagram has risen 44% from 2018 to 2019.
Orlando, Florida (November 7, 2019) – IZEA Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: IZEA), operator of IZEAx®, the premier online marketplace connecting brands and publishers with influential content creators, released analysis of creator price points observed in its online marketplace spanning the life of the influencer marketing industry. The company provided historical average transaction prices paid for sponsored blog posts, Instagram Posts, Facebook posts, Tweets, and YouTube videos, dating as far back as 2006. Data is comprised of negotiated rates between marketers and creators ranging from micro-influencers to celebrities.
Key Influencer Marketing Pricing Statistics Include:
- Over the past 5 years the average cost per sponsored post on all platforms has risen dramatically.
- The average cost for a sponsored Instagram photo has risen 44% from 2018 to 2019 alone.
- The average cost of a sponsored blog post has risen from $7.39 in 2006 to $1,442.27 in 2019, an increase of 195x.
- In 2019 YouTube videos command a premium of 4x more than that of the next highest-priced form of sponsored content.
“In 2006 we created the very first influencer marketing platform with the launch of PayPerPost,” said Ted Murphy, Founder and CEO of IZEA. “Since then, we have completed over 3.8 million transactions in different formats across a variety of social media channels. Our experience as a pioneer provides us with a unique and unmatched view of the evolution of the influencer marketing landscape. The space transformed from an experimental component of online marketing to a multi-billion dollar industry with real budget dollars.”
2014-2019 Sponsored Post Price Increases by Platform:
- A Facebook Status Update has risen 49.4x from $8 to $395 on average.
- A YouTube Video has risen 16x from $420 to $6,700 on average.
- A Twitter Status Update has risen 14.6x from $29 to $422 on average.
- An Instagram Photo has risen 12.3x from $134 to $1,643 on average.
- A Blog Post has risen 3.54x from $407 to $1,442 on average.
“Marketers continue to place more value on the content and distribution provided by influencers,” continued Murphy. “We believe content produced by influencers is competing with and in many cases replacing creative that was traditionally produced by agencies. Despite the dramatic price increases up to this point, influencers are generally able to produce content much more cost effectively than agencies – and provide the additional benefit of distribution to their followers. The hourly price to concept a shoot, hire a model, hire a photographer, find a location, and retouch an image is still far more expensive in the traditional agency world. The average price for a sponsored content has room to grow and we believe that it will again in 2020. “