The 2018 State of the Creator Economy Canada report is IZEA’s second investigation in Canada of marketer attitudes toward and usage of Influencer and Content Marketing.
Conducted in partnership with research firms The Right Brain Consumer Consulting, Lightspeed GMI, and Research Now, the study found Influencer Marketing and Content Marketing continue to reign supreme for Canadian Marketers, driving the most value for brands and agencies compared to all other forms of marketing and advertising investment. Simultaneously, the effectiveness of traditional media-mix advertising continued its decline.
Other key findings include:
- Over half of our surveyed Canadian marketers implemented Content and Influencer Marketing programs in the past year – up vs. 2017
- Content and Influencer Marketing achieved top effectiveness ratings among brands and agencies surveyed with continued year-on-year perceptual gains.
- 1 in 4 marketers surveyed are now dedicating more than $1 million a year for Influencer Marketing.
- 3 of 4 marketers surveyed have stand-alone budgets for Content and/or Influencer Marketing.
- Since the first Canadian wave, Canadian Marketers are using shorter and/or topical/trend-focused approaches more, including List & Advice Articles, Photography, and Topical Overview Videos