IZEA introduces “Influential Insights” research platform with The Right Brain and KANTAR to gain real-time insight on fast-moving industry trends
Orlando, Florida (November 19, 2019) – IZEA Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: IZEA), operator of IZEAx®, the premier online marketplace connecting brands and publishers with influential content creators, announced the results of the first “Influential Insights” examination of marketer sentiment and outlook for influencer marketing.
Managed by Jana O’Brien at The Right Brain Consumer Consulting, the study collected feedback from U.S. marketers via KANTAR’s national B2B survey panel. The sample spanned titles from associate to C-Level executives at brands and agencies alike based on individuals who had direct experience with Influencer and/or Content Marketing.
Key Influencer Marketing Statistics Include:
- 51% of marketers believe that their companies are spending too little on Influencer Marketing.
- 2 in 3 marketers would give up some of their traditional media budgets (TV, radio, magazines, newspapers) to spend more on Influencer and/or Content Marketing.
- 43% of marketers believe that upper management does not understand what Influencer Marketing is or how it works.
- 42% of marketers believe that content prepared by influencers is superior to content produced by traditional advertising agencies.
“Based on the marketer’s responses, 2020 looks to be another year of growth for the Influencer Marketing industry” said Ted Murphy, Founder and CEO of IZEA. “Over 2 in 5 Marketers plan to invest more resources and budget to Influencer Marketing in 2020 vs. 2019 – with only 5-6% anticipate investing less. We believe the increased level of investment is reflective of the effectiveness and value delivered by influencer marketing relative to other marketing channels.”
More Effective Than Television or Banner Ads
Influencer and Content Marketing are viewed by experienced practitioners as the most effective approach compared to more established and/or traditional forms of marketing:
- 82% of marketers believe influencer marketing is more effective than newspaper advertising, with 57% stating that print is a dying medium.
- 62% of marketers believe that influencer marketing is more effective than online banner ads.
- 52% of marketers believe that influencer marketing is more effective than traditional television advertising.
Influencer Content is Impacting Traditional Agencies
Of the marketer surveyed, 44% believe that influencer marketing is taking business away from traditional advertising agencies and 57% believe that Influencer Marketing content offers a better value than content produced by those same agencies.
“Two out of three marketers would give up some of their traditional media budgets to spend more on Influencer and/or Content Marketing.” continued Murphy. “As the media landscape continues to shift towards social platforms, we believe that brand marketer dollars will follow – with influencers paid to produce content that is used on the influencer’s social handles, the brand’s social handles, and in paid ads across a variety of platforms.”
Visit IZEA.com for more influencer marketing statistics.