With so much content online, how can you make your business stand out from your competition? Marketing with SEO gives your business the edge it needs to compete. Developing SEO techniques ultimately leads more traffic to your site, generates more leads and makes more sales for your business.
According to HubSpot, 50 percent of local SEO searches by consumers resulted in a visit to a nearby store. This, in turn, led to a 28-percent increase in sales. Learn more about this powerful brand marketing tool and how to successfully incorporate SEO as part of your marketing strategy.
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of using organic search engine results to increase the quantity and quality of traffic to a website. Organic search engine traffic is, specifically, unpaid traffic results that culminate from the usage of targeted webpage optimizations like keywords or videos. In fact, research shows that conversion rates increase up to 86 percent when webpages use videos on their landing pages, according to HubSpot.
Breaking down the term more in-depth, you’ll see how SEO creates more conversion rates on your site.
- SE (search engine): Search engine algorithms determine what content appears in browser searches. A search engine gathers all results for the searched content with a “crawler.” This crawler puts the information into an organized index that matches all found data to that of the original search. It’s your job to basically manipulate the algorithm into displaying your content at the top of the search results list.
- Optimization: All forms of optimization help to put your site or content at the top of the search results list. Meta descriptions, internal and external links, videos and keywords in title tags are some of the many elements that can increase optimization.
Read on to discover the best tips on how to optimize your web content and successfully use SEO.
Best SEO Tips for Your Brand
You’ll discover many ways to utilize successful SEO techniques for your webpage. Focus on these specific aspects of your site to increase traffic and conversions.
- Meta Descriptions
- A meta description is the short summary that appears underneath the title of a webpage on a browser search. This HTML attribute description can increase the click-through rate, generating more traffic for your site. Include a meta description to show up in search results more often and increase your Google ranking factor.
- Internal and External Links
- Internal links are links that take the reader to another page on your website. External links transport the reader to a different content source. Use internal links to create more traffic on the different pages on your site, like a blog post or FAQ section. Use external links to cite relevant information or promote other products.
- Keywords provide a great way to optimize your blog post or website. They show up in specific search results by consumers, so make sure to research relevant popular keywords for the content you promote. Including keywords in blog or website titles boosts traffic even more.
- Other SEO Tips
- Perform a Google search of similar content to your own. Compare how top page results use keywords and other optimization tools.
- Use videos on landing pages to create more traffic.
- Include external links on your landing page for your other social media sites.
Key SEO Benefits for Brand Marketing
The need for SEO brand marketing for small businesses is obvious to many savvy business owners. Generating traffic and getting leads are two of the top concerns for small businesses, according to HubSpot. This concern affects over 60 percent of businesses trying to develop an online presence overall.
However, developing successful SEO techniques can significantly turn around poor site traffic and disappointing conversion rates. Check out these top benefits SEO provides for your brand:
- Optimizing your web content for SEO marketing is a key factor in increasing traffic.
- SEO is a reliable tool for generating more leads and sales. The best part: it’s completely free.
- SEO creates a better user experience and inspires brand loyalty, so consumers will keep coming back to your site after purchases. Higher ranking in search results also gives your brand more credibility. Consumers are more likely to make purchases if they trust you first.
Overall, utilizing SEO gives your business an edge over competitors and puts your site first in search results. This free marketing technique brings organic traffic to your site and increases conversion rates for your business. With so many major benefits, it’s no surprise that SEO is the most important marketing tool of 2019.