Community

Free Stuff is da BOMB!

By May 13, 2010 17 Comments

A beautiful array of DuoBinders we gave away!

I recently watched a movie from the 90’s where every other word was ‘yo,’ ‘homey,’ or ‘da bomb.’  I thought that I would share that with you in the title there.  Now that we’ve spent sufficient time on the last part of that sentence, let’s take a look at the first part: free stuff.  Yeah, free.  As in, you no pay!

I’m ecstatic over the number product sampling campaigns we’ve done over the past year!  Here are just a few:

• Boudreaux’s Butt Paste
  • Tony’s Pizza
  • Parent’s Choice Baby Formula
  • Alvin 2 DVD
  • LT Chocolate Touch Phone
  • Talbot’s
  • Yamaha iPod Dock
  • EyeFi Wireless SD
  • HP
  • LED Lenser
  • Freschetta Pizza

We have always felt that the best posts come from bloggers who are genuinely interested in a topic/service/product.  Following that thought, the best way to get a great review is to get these products into the hands of our awesome bloggers!  What do you think about this pizza- here, taste it!  What do you think about this butt paste, yeah, I know- no, it’s for kids- bam, use it!  What do you think about this shampoo- here, lather up!

We have had product samplings for all kinds of bloggers!  And, we’re always looking for more bloggers to include in these campaigns.  We might have some extra openings on current campaigns, too.  Typically, participants must have at least 30k unique visitors/month.  Not visits, not views, visitors.  If you feel your blog meets this criteria- send me a holler!  You can email me with ‘Product Sampling’ in the title, to veronique@izea.  There’s a dot com after that, too.

Have you participated in any product sampling campaigns through IZEA and SocialSpark?  How did you like it?  What was it for?  Leave a comment and we’ll randomly choose somebody to get a nifty IZEA Pack!

Print-Friendly

17 Comments

• Mathdelane says:

I always wanted to be a part of any product samplings however my geographical location restricts me since most of these campaigns are focused on US-based bloggers. What about expanding them to Asia?

• quilly says:

I loved the Freschetta Pizza campaign. I had never previously tried Freschetta Pizzas but they are my brand of choice from now on. Yum! They taste like pizzeria pizzas!

When I went into the store with the coupons, the cashier didn’t know how to ring up a FREE coupon and had to call the manager. Both the manager and the clerk wanted to know how I came by such incredible coupons so I told them. Buying the pizza was almost as much fun as eating it!

• […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Todd Miller. Todd Miller said: Free Stuff is da BOMB!: A beautiful array of DuoBinders we gave away! I recently watched a movie from the 90’s whe… http://bit.ly/cD4mWL […]

• nimil says:

i would love to get offers to do product testing! i love trying new things and finding new stuff to talk about. really envying the people who got to try pizza :p

• Realitytvfan says:

US bloggers only 🙁

• mamajoss says:

Boudreaux’s Butt Paste & Freschetta Pizza — Gotta love SocialSpark and these campaigns…you guys are doing a great job over there!

• Jenn says:

I recently did a product review campaign for the Freschetta pizzas. I love how quick you guys are with communicating, and how quickly the coupons arrived! The product review part is the most fun of all, of course. 🙂

Love your company, but I’m sure you know that! I’ve been with you now for almost three and a half years!

(Psst… the best experience I’ve had with your company has GOT to be the $500 K-mart gift card I won back in December ’08! That was freaking awesome!)

• Adrienne says:

I just participated in my first one, the Freschetta Pizza. Yumm! It was well organized and easy to aprticipate in, can’t wait to do another!

• Ashley Edwards says:

@quilly: Isn’t Freschetta pizza delicious?! I had it for the first time, too, not too long ago, and I’m now a big fan!

• V says:

@Mathdelane @Realitytvfan Not true at all! We have done PLENTY of campaigns that encompass international bloggers! It does usually depend on the targeting of the client, and the overall reach of the actual blogger. For example, some clients will make an exception if the blogger has over 100,000 unique visitors a month! 🙂

• Realitytvfan says:

I’ve been a member of socialspark since beta and get 120k visitors a month (according to realrank – much more according to analytics etc), I’m from the UK and have never been qualified for or invited to a product sampling campaign 🙁
    I am lucky to get an opps at all these days, I’ve taken 2 on it this YEAR.

There’s definitely not a lot of love out there for non US bloggers – which makes sense as you are a US based company so I understand a lot of your advertiers are from the US and looking for US bloggers.

Maybe I could be considered if any ever do come up for UK bloggers or ones that geographical location isn’t an issue though.

Thanks 🙂

• V says:

@RealityTVFan There is plenty of love for non-US bloggers! Sometimes it isn’t in the form of product samples, though. As I mentioned, it is up to the client’s targeting needs, their overall campaign strategy, and who they hand-pick to participate. Chin up, we will eventually take over the world.

• Daniel says:

I had a blast posting about Tony’s Pizza as well as the LG chocolate touch. I’m always up for doing more campaigns!

• Shydub says:

That looks pretty interesting. Would love to write if given the opportunity.

• We did the Tony’s Pizza and Jones Tofurkey Soda opps. Enjoyed them both very much. It was great to be able to give reads free pizza 🙂

• Hello,
    I am from Wisconsin and love your company! I was wondering if you could send me some free stickers so I can endorse your company? Sorry but I can Not Afford to send you an SASE.My address is:

Lukas Lindner
    5703 Hidden River Ct
    Weston,WI, 54476

Thanks for your time,
    Lukas Lindner

• Sharifyah Avent-el says:

Hi,
    I love how cool and unique your company is. The artwork is dope!I really like it. It’s so sweet! Since I appreciate it so much, can I have some stickers/swag to slap on my Skateboard?
    If so,