You guys, I’m in LOVE. Seriously. I have found somebody who knows how to rock a trench coat, who appreciates the fine art of an old-fashioned shave, and whose bookshelves overflow with testosterone goodness (in the book sense?).
Meet my new love, The Art of Manliness. You may now swoon.
From the wonderful vintage and antique art, to the actual know-how of utter classy manliness, this blog is SO FREAKING COOL. Because really- whatever happened to wearing a hat!? And it’s not just slapping a fedora on your head, Mr. Timberlake- it’s about the how, where, and what kind (of hat). It’s about knowing hat-wearing etiquette!
From the aforementioned link:
In adopting the hat as your signature piece, you must also accept the responsibility of hat etiquette. Often ignored, hat etiquette will show that your uniqueness extends not only to you choice of headwear, but to your manners as well.
- Promptly remove your hat upon entering an elevator, restaurant, or someone’s home. Never wear your hat during a meal.
- Touch the brim of your hat lightly when greeting a friend.
- Raise the hat by the crown when meeting a female friend in public.
- Remove your hat during the national anthem and place it over your heart.
There’s a certain elegance, a certain sense of style and class that this blog exudes, in accordance with its general theme. This is another great example of a niche blog. This blog is bringing back sexy in a huge way, and I’m all over it.
And, that’s why, for me, a man who steps out a la Cary Grant will always win over a man who steps out a la Brad Pitt. All together, now: swoon.
- Why every man should go to a barber shop
- How to build a manly wardrobe
- The perfect hat for your ugly mug
- The MadMen guide to a manly haircut
- Play pool like Minnesota Fats
- How to negotiate for a used car
- Seven Baseball pitching grips every man should know
- Mastering man food: How to cook bacon properly
- How to wrestle an alligator
These are nine posts you should read from this blog (because I’m hoping you read at least of the posts featured above!).