What the heck is Mod Podge, you say? Well, to the crafting impaired, such as I am, Mod Podge, shortened slangish for ‘Modern Decoupage,’ is a paste-like substance used to glue things together, seal things, and finish them. Now, you, like me, might be thinking, ‘there can’t possibly be that many things to glue, seal, and/or finish!’ Oh, but how wrong we are! Apparently there are different kinds of the ‘podge, too.
I came across Modge Podge Rocks! during one of my searches, and would you know it- this girl is a Mod Podgin’ freak. I say that in the most loving way possible. I love the things she has come up with, check it out!!
This is a great example of a blogger following her purest interests and devoting her creative efforts to remaining in that realm. This is niche to the max, people- pay attention! I say that because this isn’t just a mom blog, this isn’t just a craft blog, this isn’t just a DIY blog- it’s all of that, but specifically tied to the product Mod Podge.
Here at IZEA, we are thrilled when we come across bloggers with a genuine, heartfelt connection to products or companies. It’s awesome to see that even a craft glue, like Mod Podge, gets a little lotta lovin’.
10 Things We Love About ‘Mod Podge Rocks!’
- the title of the blog accurately reflects the content
- photos are crisp, well aligned, and colorful
- posting schedule is consistent
- design and layout is simple, vibrant, and within the Mod Podge theme
- little to no unnecessary items like meters, tickers, widgets, polls, etc
- contact and about me sections are easy to find
- cool giveaways consistent with the theme of the blog
- lots of interaction with readers via comments
- did I mention the layout is adorable!
- blogger reflects a genuine love for Mod Podge, and you just can’t buy that kind of passion
Be sure to swing by Mod Podge Rocks! and show some love, maybe you’ll be inspired to tackle your own Mod Podge project. I know I have a photo frame or two that could use some uplifting pizazz and I refuse to break out the Bedazzler!