Yeah, yeah, I know- there’s no ‘i’ in team, but there’s an ‘i’ in win! What I’m trying to say that unless a couple individuals can really take the lead, sometimes you might find yourself losing…as a team. And lose we did! We almost got the mercy rule since we ate it pretty badly (19-1? I forget).
Being a gracious loser is just as important as being a gracious winner- a good sport. Remember that the most valuable part of losing is learning how to improve! With failures come paths to success, after all- it’s just a matter of being able to pick-out problem areas and start working on some fixes.
How do you tackle big problems? How do you solve issues as a team and as an individual? Here are a few tips to help in our next conundrum:
- split a big problem into a handful of small obstacles
- make a list, an outline, a path to progress
- give yourself milestones and celebrate your successes
- take a breather/give yourself a fresh start, you might find something you didn’t notice before
- talk to yourself, talking out loud can sometimes help weigh possible solutions
And us? Well, we’re all going to start faking getting hit with the ball so we can get on base. Teamwork!