IZEA is pleased to announce the re-launch of our IZEA Influencer of the Month Hall of Fame. Each month we will highlight two influencers; one from within our SocialSpark network and the other from our Sponsored Tweets network. Influencers chosen for this award are exceptional in terms of overall campaign participation and performance.
Sponsored Tweets Influencer of the Month
1. Describe yourself in 140 characters or less…
Sharing her been there, done that experiences, @SmartyPantsMama is a busy mom vlogging & blogging between laundry loads!
2. What originally attracted you to Sponsored Tweets, and how did you ﬁnd out about it?
I believe I saw another blogger using it and trusted her decision to use the service.
3. What do you love most about Twitter?
Quick and easy! I can interact with fellow bloggers, celebrities and even politicians in an informal basis. I build relationships through 140-character responses. Tweeters get right to the point – not enough characters to elaborate.
4. Finish this: Without Twitter I would…
lose the easy interaction with friends and members of my social network.
5. What do you feel encourages engagement with your audience?
I am honest and share true experiences. I am using video more now to make short candid videos each day. This video series, Carpool Chat, relates to other moms who are often feeling overwhelmed, as they can see I’m not Super Mom – just a smart mom, making smart decisions. These videos are posted on YouTube and then pushed out throughout my entire network, including Twitter.
6. How do you make it easy to stay connected with your followers?
I attempt to reply or retweet at least 10 times a day. I also make Twitter lists so I can more easily follow the interactions between some of my more favorite tweeters.
7. Whatʼs your preferred blend of tweets made up of: RTs, links, original content etc?
A little of everything. I don’t want to ever appear like a robot. I used to do a lot of scheduled posts. I wasn’t interacting. I began losing the relationships I had built. I now try to do live interactions with followers, engaging in their conversation. I still schedule some posts, but less than 25%.
8. Any advice for Tweeters new to Sponsored Tweets?
Be selective. Be sure the campaigns who opt for relate to your personality and fit in with something you would normally share with your network. You never want to give the impression that your are just a robot advertiser.
9. What do you love about IZEA and Sponsored Tweets?
It’s a easy way to earn some money doing the work you already do.
10. Finish this: A tweet a day…
is one step closer to a new relationship.