It’s that time of year again! Erik Qualman, author of Socialnomics, has released his ever popular Social Media Video for 2013. The video highlights some unique social media statistics – most of which are eye-opening. Overall, Qualman makes an excellent case for the value of social media in the business world.
You can watch the amazing video below. We’ve highlighted a few of our favorite key points.
- Social Media is the #1 activity on the Web
- Over 1 billion users on Facebook
- Ford Explorer launch on Facebook more effective than a Super Bowl Ad
- Every minute 72 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube
- 53% of people on Twitter recommend products in their Tweets
- 90% of people trust online recommendations from people they know
- 93% of marketers use social media for business
- We will no longer search for products and services, they will find us via social media
- Social Media isn’t a fad, it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate
- The ROI of social media is that your business will still exist in 5 years
For more on the State of Social Media Sponsorship, please be sure to check out our 2012 SMS Report.