Bet you thought I completely abandoned the “rockstar” series I started back at the beginning of November, huh? The one Crystal and I kicked-off with the “Creativity Breeds Quality” video? Well, not true at all. With the help of Communications Diva Carri, you’ve actually been getting “rockstar” tips throughout the entire month of December, via Twitter. Tips on marketing, content, traffic, and education. In case you didn’t follow, here’s a collective view of all of them:
Week One :: Marketing
- Try joining communities and engage with bloggers who have similar interests or are in your same niche.
- Market yourself by joining or starting a meet-up in your area.
- Want to know what your readers think? Ask them! Using polls is a good way.
- Commenting on blogs, forums & message boards is a good way to get your brand “out there.”
Week Two :: Content
- Want to enhance your blog’s content, and make it interesting for your readers? Incorporate video!
- One of the best ways to deliver good content to your readers is to proofread before publishing.
- Become an expert in your field by blogging with a specific focus. Find your niche and be passionate about it.
- Watch your non-sponsored:sponsored content ratio. Watch the A-listers and see what they’re doing.
- Make your content your own! Even if you’re borrowing content, personalize it, and customize it to your readers. Nobody likes a copycat!
Week Three :: Traffic
- “Many call @chrisbrogan unethical!” Writing a provocative or timely headline for posts can help drive additional traffic to your site.
- Consider the relevancy of the keywords in your links. It could “make or break” your post.
- Commenting on other blogs is a sure way to get traffic to your site.
- Look closely at your blogroll, and only include sites that are relevant to yours. You’ll get more value and more traffic.
- Are you networking with Flickr? By submitting photos to Flickr groups you can meet new people, win prizes & drive traffic to your blog.
Week Four :: Education
- Attend conferences and trade shows. It’s a great way to let people know who you are, and will get folks to visit your site.
- Set-up Google Alerts for keywords to stay informed about a specific niche or topic.
- Make yourself more knowledgeable by keeping up with industry news and trends.
- Simplify your layout, remove outdated and irrelevant links and ads to give your site a new look.
- Keep-up with what the A-listers are talking about!
- Know your style and define it. Then expand your brand.
- Know a lot about something? Tell people! Pretty soon you’ll find that you are being sought out as an expert in your field.