1. What originally attracted you to the IZEA community, and how did you find out about it? I was approached by IZEA because they felt that what I had developed at FreeSnatcher.com would be a good fit for their advertisers. I jumped on board quickly because I felt that it would be a great way for me to bring new products and ideas to my readers.
2. Why FreeSnatcher? FreeSnatcher started as solely a free samples website. I wanted to show people how they could get things for free. It might have been a sample or a full sized product. A lot of people don’t have to disposable income to try out new products so free samples is a great way for them to be able to try something they wouldn’t normally. After the economy started to get worse in 2008 the need for coupons skyrocketed. This demand led me to branch out and start posting grocery coupons and doing deal scenarios to show people how they could save money on groceries.
3. What’s been your favorite SocialSpark Campaign? I would have to say working with Hill Pet Nutrition. I am a huge animal lover and being able to work on a campaign with my dog was a great time.
4. What inspires you to blog? Knowing that everyday I help people save money. This allows them to do things with their family that they might not normally be able to do. That alone makes my day and makes me feel good about blogging.
5. What’s one word of advice you’d give to bloggers who are looking to increase the quality of their content? Write about what you believe in. If you can’t believe what you are typing others are going to see that and won’t connect with you.
6. Complete this thought: If I could I would____. Travel around the country teaching kids how they can save money. Kids are the future and it’s never to early to learn how to be a good consumer.
Sean’s blog can be found here
1. What originally attracted you to Sponsored Tweets? I read about Sponsored Tweets on a blog and was immediately interested. I was already very active on twitter and figured why not make a few extra bucks while I’m at it?
2. What has been one of your favorite campaigns to participate in? One of my favorite campaigns to participate in was a campaign by Microsoft promoting Microsoft Tag. I thought the infographics and statistics that were integrated into that campaign were very well done, and I’m proud to have been a participant.
3. What do you love most about Twitter? I love meeting and interacting with people. At it’s core, social media is about interactions. You will get more value out of Twitter if you understand that key principle. I truly care about the interactions I have on Twitter and value each one of my followers. These interactions have led to not only great conversations but also collaboration.
4. Finish this: Without Twitter I would______. have missed out on meeting some awesome individuals and would not have been presented with certain opportunities.
5. What do you do to market yourself, and get new followers?The key is interacting with others and building relationships and networks. It helps that I follow almost everyone back, and I am a huge fan of lists to help manage my followers. I retweet people and respond to their tweets to show them that I am paying attention. I respond to almost every single @ reply I receive, despite having many followers to keep up with (over 40k). Finally, I try to focus on only a few main subjects, though I don’t always do a great job of it.
6. Any advice to other Tweeters on how to get more Sponsored Tweets Opportunities? Don’t set your price too high. I have 40,000+ followers, 25,000+ tweets, and have consistently used Twitter for over two years, yet I still try to keep my price per Sponsored Tweet relatively low. Also, in general just stick with it. Don’t expect to get offers right away if you are relatively new to Twitter, but remember that you will eventually get offers if you show you are an active user.
Follow David’s Tweets at @davidcarlson1
1. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear WeReward? The first thing that comes to mind when I hear WeReward is “fun and opportunity”. This is because I think it is fun to participate in WeReward activities and it is also an opportunity to see what I can accomplish and to earn points toward rewards while I am doing so.
2. What device do you claim rewards from? I claim rewards on my iPhone by doing geochecks, taking photos, and hunting for “products”. My favorite is hunting for the products. I learn a lot while doing this too.
3. Where have you checked-in the most? I have checked in most at CVS drugstores and Vons supermarkets.
4. What’s been your favorite WeReward reward claim so far? My favorite WeReward claim so far was putting on the UNDER ARMOUR t-shirt and taking my picture. I love T’s and a friend was with me at the time. For some reason we found it to be funny and laughed and laughed at the idea of my putting on the T-shirt to take a picture for WeReward!
5. What company would you love to see using WeReward? I would love to see Men’s Wearhouse using WeReward. Having lost 112 pounds in the past 18 months, I am busy finding new clothes and I like to shop at Men’s Wearhouse.
6. Most importantly, what’s your favorite way to eat bacon? My favorite way to eat bacon is to cook it in the microwave oven and have it for breakfast with scrambled eggs, juice and coffee. Good way to start the morning!