Today’s SocialSpark release is going to be quick and painless so we can get back to the St. Paddy’s (Patty’s?) day festivities. Here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for this afternoon.
New This Week
- Advertisers can now cancel (“yank”) their own CPC Opportunities without contacting Customer Love. This will notify bloggers that they should remove any remaining banners.
- Advertisers can choose which types of ad units they want to include in their CPC/CPA Opportunities. The current options are Twitter, Facebook, Display Ad Units (IAB standard sizes only), Text Links, and Blog Posts.
- Advertisers now have the ability to ban anyone from their CPC Opportunity if they suspect that a participant is abusing the system.
- System generated emails have been cleaned up to include more detailed information, and emails notifying you of messages in the message center now include the message body so you don’t need to log in to read it.
- Advertisers can now adjust their CPC amount up or down. (Don’t worry bloggers, you’ll receive notification if this happens).
- Advertisers can now cancel auto-renewing of CPC funds.
- For Opportunities that are cancelled (“yanked”) before their end date, bloggers will now see the date the Opp was cancelled instead of the original end date in their Taken Opportunities manager.
- Advertisers can now know what the status icons mean by simply hovering over them. It seems small, but we’re about details around here.
|Advanced Options (Hidden by Default)||Advanced Options with ability to choose from up to 5 types of ad units|
|Ban from CPC Opp||Yank CPC Opp||Opp Status Indicator|
|Change CPC Link||Change CPC Form|
Fixed This Week
- The rejection message for CPC Opportunities appeared to be scrambled in the message center. This has been fixed.
- Some messages regarding CPC Opportunities listed the Opp type as “Cost Per Action.” This now reads “Cost Per Click.”
- Last week we launched a change to CPC payouts that make CPC payouts happen 5 days from the date of a click. This week we updated the messaging in help text to reflect the new 5-day time frame.
- During CPC Opp creation, navigation back and forth to the Asset Upload page produced duplicate profile links. The duplicates no longer appear.
always, we welcome your honest feedback and suggestions. Please feel free to take
advantage of the GetSatisfaction widget appearing on the left-hand side
of all pages in SocialSpark, or go straight to the Feedback area now: